Thank you for your interest in donating your eggs to IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers. Each year, IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers is able to help many couples fulfill their dreams of parenthood with the help of women like you. Apart from the emotional reward, IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers offers each egg donor monetary compensation. If you would like to help a couple create their family, and you meet the preliminary requirements, you can apply to become an egg donor. If you have any questions, please contact the IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers Donor Program Coordinator or contact us.
What are the steps involved in becoming an egg donor?
- Donor Application: To begin the egg donation process, first complete the Egg Donor Screening Checklist. If you pass this simple screening test, you will be eligible to complete the detailed donor application.
- Consultation and Testing: If you qualify for the program, an IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment at one of our locations. During your first visit to the fertility center, you will discuss the details of the egg donor program. Following the discussion, if you would like to continue with the application process, you will complete FDA required blood tests and cultures, and an ultrasound scan. All of this will take place during one visit.
- Future Egg Donation Cycle: After successfully completing the screening process, you will be added to our donor list. Once you are selected by a recipient, we will coordinate your egg donor cycle. Completing an egg donor cycle requires the use of hormonal medications to stimulate the growth of multiple eggs followed by a minor procedure called an egg retrieval. Women completing an egg donor cycle are treated with the same level of care and respect as all of the patients at IVF Michigan Fertility Center.
What are the steps of a donor IVF cycle?
- Screening Visit: After successfully being placed on the donor list and being selected by a recipient, you will come in to have a screening visit before beginning your egg donor cycle. This screening test must be completed before each egg donation cycle, if you chose to repeat the process in the future. During this visit, you will have blood tests to check for infections, sexually transmitted diseases and some genetic disorders.
- Ovarian Stimulation: On Day 2 or 3 of the menstrual cycle, medication is prescribed to stimulate the growth of multiple follicles in the ovaries. These hormone injections may be taken at home or at the clinic. During this time, follicular growth is monitored through ultrasound as they develop into eggs, and hormone levels are tracked through blood tests. These visits can be done at any of our clinics. 36 to 40 hours before the scheduled egg retrieval, a trigger shot is given to induce maturation of the eggs within a scheduled time frame.
- Egg Retrieval: The egg retrieval is a minor procedure that will take place at IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers’ location in Bloomfield Hills. Your eggs are retrieved using a transvaginal technique involving a very thin, ultrasound-guided needle to reach your ovaries. The number of eggs retrieved depends on how your body has reacted to the fertility medication. The retrieval procedure takes about 15 minutes and is done under sedation. Following the procedure, you may feel some cramping that may last for approximately two days.